Policy about Italia Music Export activities
Italian Society of Authors and Publishers (SIAE), pursuant to article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), provides the following information with reference to Personal Data processing, which will be lawful, fairly, transparent, accurate and conducted with integrity and confidentiality.
- The Data Controller is SIAE (Società Italiana degli Autori ed Editori) with registered office in Rome, Viale della Letteratura 30, 00144 Rome.
- The Data Protection Officer of SIAE can be contacted by email to the address SiaeUfficioDataProtection@siae.it for any clarifications regarding the Personal Data protection and to exercise the rights referred to articles from 15 to 22 of the GDPR.
Lawfulness of Processing
The purposes of Personal Data processing are as follows:
- selective sending of newsletters to promote Italian music abroad and publicize courses and workshops, based on professional interests analysis and Personal Data provided to SIAE
- provision of funds and other financial forms to support Italian operators and artists in expenses related to music export
- promotion of Italian music abroad also by sharing data of Italian operators and artists with foreign operators
- statistical analysis of data, related to the newsletters, to produce internal reports and public presentations based on aggregated data
- SIAE, for the sake of Personal Data processing, may also use other subjects, natural or legal persons established in the European Union, designated as Data Processor, pursuant to article 28 of the GDPR.
With reference to the newsletters, the mail service is operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp, established in the USA, whose policy about data protection can be read at https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy
- Personal Data collected for the purposes above specified, will be retained until explicit revocation of the consent from the data subject and, in the case of fuding or other forms of financial support, for ten years, pursuant to art. 2220 of Italian Civil Code
Rights of the data subject
- Pursuant to article 12 of the GDPR, it is always guaranteed to the data subject, the possibility to exercise the right:
- To access to personal data (Article 15);
- To request and obtain the rectification (Article16) or the erasure of their Personal Data (Article 17) or the restriction of the related processing(Article 18);
- To request data portability (Article 20);
- To object to processing (Article 21);
- To lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Article 13.2 letter d).
The exercise of the rights can be done by sending a request by email to the address of the SIAE Data Protection Officer: SiaeUfficioDataProtection@siae.it
- With reference to the purposes of the processing as in (a), (c), (d), revoking the consent to Personal Data processing is always guaranteed without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given before the revocation. With reference to the purpose as in (b), provision of personal data is a contractual obligation. Therefore, the missing, partial or incorrect provision of personal data may consequently result in the inability for SIAE to provide funding or other forms of economic support.
This Policy may be subject to changes and updates. Any changes will guarantee, in any case, the full protection of the rights of data subjects. In case of changes that could limit the protection of Personal Data, the data subjects will be promptly informed, through the contacts provided to SIAE, before data processing starts according to the new modalities, so that the data subjects will be guaranteed the right to modify the consent.
In any case, the data subjects are suggested to periodically consult this Policy on the website http://www.italiamusicexport.com.
THE DATA CONTROLLER
Società Italiana Autori ed Editori (SIAE)